Canning for a New Generation was given to me as a gift a while back, and I’m finally getting around to cooking up one of the recipes. In the spirit of the holidays I canned some Spiced Cranberries. I’ve never worked with fresh cranberries it was surprisingly easy. I don’t think I will be buying canned cranberries again anytime soon.
The ingredient list is short and sweet and you can find a full recipe here.
- 6 cups fresh cranberries (two 12-ounce bags), washed and drained
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur such as Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or triple sec
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg