1. How I Built This – New favorite podcast! “How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built.” This podcast is so inspiring! A few favorite episodes of mine: Patagonia, Spanx, Five Guys, Warby Parker, Kendra Scott… Really, I have loved all of them so far.
2. Chile Crunch – Must have condiment. Eggs, Potatoes, Fish, Pasta… We are putting this on everything. Crunchy, smoky, and just a little heat. Contains fresh roasted chiles, garlic, onion, and spices packed in oil.
3. I Love Dick – I’m so obsessed with this show. Based on the novel by Chris Kraus ( which I want to read now), and created by Jill Soloway who also did Transparent. It stars Kevin Bacon and Kathryn Hahn along side a slew of other interesting characters. For me, it is about complicated relationships, art, and women in the art world, sexuality, and feminism. I want to watch the whole series over again. I love it so much!
4. NPR One – I’ve had this post drafted for months now, so this feels like old news, but just in case… NPR One is 10 minutes of the top news stories. Between this and the Skimm, I feel like I’m getting a pretty good briefing of the top news stories. “Up First is the news you need to start your day. The biggest stories and ideas — from politics to pop culture — in 10 minutes”
5. Lorenzo Quinns sculpture: Support in the Venice Canals. “A warning of the existential threat faced by cities like Venice due to rising sea levels as well as a call to action—a reminder that we, like the pair of giant white hands, can play a role in slowing global warming.” Wishing I could see this work in person.